COSMOS STANDARD AND ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
This internationally recognised strict standard was developed by the five main European certifying agencies for natural and organic cosmetics (BDIH - Germany, COSMEBIO & ECOCERT - France, ICEA - Italy, SOIL ASSOCIATION - United Kingdom) and it establishes the requirements to be met in order for a cosmetic product to be called organic and/or natural.
Its purpose is the application of the principles of sustainable development throughout the cosmetics supply chain, from the characterisation of the raw materials to the distribution of the finished products.
These rules are:
- Promote the use of products from organic agriculture, respecting biodiversity;
- Use of natural resources in a responsible way, respecting the environment;
- Use of processes and productions that are clean and respectful of human health and of the environment;
- Integration and development of the Green Chemistry concept.
Hence the final goal is to deal with the issues that are essential for the environment and for the well-being of humans on the planet, to promote the development of more and more natural and organic cosmetic products.
This is necessary for the respect of consumers, who must be informed in a clear and transparent manner so that they themselves can be players in sustainable development.
We have chosen COSMOS NATURAL certification for our products...what does it mean?
- The formulation must contain a high percentage of natural origin ingredients;
- The percentage of components of natural origin must be obligatorily indicated on the finished product;
- The packaging must be minimal to decrease the impact on the environment.